Google announced YouTube Go app with offline video viewing and sharing back in September last year on its its 18th birthday during Google’s press event in New Delhi. Now, The Company has finally rolled out the YouTube Go beta app in Play Store today.
YouTube go supports 8 Indian languages – Hindi, English, Bengali, Tamil, Marathi, Telugu, Kannada and Gujarati, and also Malayalam and Indonesian.The app is not available in Play Store in all regions yet.
New YouTube app built from scratch to bring YouTube to the next generation of viewers, most interesting new feature likes we can save videos for offline viewing and share them with nearby users through YouTube Go app and inshort , Video previews load before downloading so that you can decide whether you’d like to watch or download that video. The app does not use data to share videos, instead it uses Bluetooth and Wi-Fi hotspot to send downloaded videos.
It asks for your mobile number and your email id. Google says that this is necessary since people in your contact can connect with you on YouTube Go and other Google services. Once you verify your number with OTP, you can use the app.
Highlights of YouTube Go
? Control Your Data! ₹
– Choose to download or stream
– Preview videos before you download or watch
– Choose how many MBs you spend on videos
? Share Videos Instantly! ?
– Share with friends and family nearby
– Video transfer uses no data
– Super fast speed: send videos in seconds
– Once received, a quick 15KB internet security check allows you to play the video
? Download Videos! ⬇️️
– Download videos to your phone or SD card
– Play them without buffering
– Watch them anytime, anywhere – even with slow or no internet connection
– Watch downloaded videos many times with no extra data cost
? Super Fast! Less Phone Hang! ?
– No more worrying about phone hanging
– Made to work with less storage and slow speeds
– Works on older Android versions back to Jellybean (Android 4.1)
Download YouTube Go – YouTube Go APK over at APK Mirror.
There are only two video quality options basic or standard;no 1080p or even 720p here, High resolution option could be enabled soon. However, if you wish to watch high resolution videos, you can always switch to the YouTube app.
The descriptions says “ab maze udao, data nahi” which means “Maximize your fun without eating up your data”.