Google is no more just a simple search engine. To date, Google offers countless services and products, nearly all of which are managed via a Google account. Among them are services for electronic mail, chat, maps, video, photos, music, and social networking. Nearly all of your online life can dwell behind the only lock and key that is the Google account.
The benefit of this arrangement is the fact that everything is seamless, and changing between different services normally demands no extra effort in your part. For just one reason or another, however, you could find yourself needing to remove this particular online identity you have built. Luckily, Google is well-known for promoting seclusion and user rights, and the business makes it simple to delete your account completely or even to eliminate info from individual products. Here’s how it functions.
How I Delete My Google Account:
1.Access The Google Login Page In Your Web Browser.
2. Fill in the appropriate email address and password for the account with the Google product or service you wish to delete, and click Sign In.
3. Once the sign-in process is complete, click the Edit link next to the ‘My products’ section. Google is constantly updating, so depending on the version of Google you’re accessing, you may first need to select Visit the previous version of the Google accounts screen to access the ‘My products’ menu.
Select the Edit link next to the ‘My products’ heading to start removing Google services.
4. Find the service or product you want to eliminate under the Delete a Product section, and click Remove permanently.
Delete My Google Account Permanently:
1. Access the Google Login page in your Web browser.
2. Input the appropriate email address and password you want to delete, and click Sign In.
3. Yet again, you may have to select See the previous version of the Google accounts screen to gain access to the ‘My products’ menu.
4. Under the Delete Account section, select the Close account and delete all services and information connected with it.
Select ‘Close account…’ to shut down your Google account.
5. Confirm your choice by typing in your password at the prompt on the next page, and then check both boxes acknowledging your choice and the repercussions.
6. Click Delete Google Account to permanently delete the account and its associated data.
Of course, once your Google account is gone, you will permanently lose access to all the data stored in it, so make sure to save anything you want to keep beforehand. If you wish to download all of your pictures, documents, and other data before deleting your account, simply log in as before and select the Data liberation tab on the left side of the screen. From there, click the big blue Download My Data button to download a big .zip file of all your personal data. Now you can delete your account with abandon, secure in the knowledge that your personal data is safely stored on your hard drive.